World in 2017
- New President of USA
- Donald Trump is sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.
- Computers around the world are hit by a large-scale ransomware cyberattack, which goes on to affect at least 150 countries
- A new species of orangutan
- "Tapanuli" becoming the third known species of orangutan as well as the first great ape to be described for almost a century
- Robert Mugabe
- He resigns , after 37 years of rule
- Salvator Mundi
- A Leonardo da Vinci painting, Salvator Mundi, sells for US$450 million at Christie's in New York, a new record price for any work of art
India in 2017
- Nuclear-Capable Agni-IV Missile Tested Successfully.
- PSLV-C37 rocket
- ISRO launched PSLV-C37 rocket which put into orbit a record 104 satellites from seven countries.
- Goods and Services Tax (India)
- . The India's biggest tax reform in 70 years of independence, was launched at midnight of 30 June 2017.
- 2017 Indian presidential election
- 25 July, 2017 ; Shri.Ram Nath Kovind
took oath as 14th President of India.
- Supreme Court bans instant triple talaq
- calling it unconstitutional. Instructed central government to pass law in parliament for triple talaq.
- Tragedy of the Year
- 290 children have died at BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur due to lack of oxygen
- Cyclone Ockhi
- Cyclone Ockhi hits Tamil Nadu and Kerala causing many deaths.
15th year in the web.
Sports in 2017
- Sereena Williams
- becomes player with most wins in major tournaments (39) in open era
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- wins his 5th FIFA Ballon d'Or to equal Lionel Messi's record
- cricket's Ashes
- Australia regains cricket's Ashes against England, winning by an innings to take 3 game lead at the Wacca in Perth
- Footballer Neymar
- signs 5-year deal with club Paris Saint-Germain in a $263 million world-record transfer from Barcelona
- Usain Bolt
- races his last race, coming third in the 100m at IAAF World Championships in London
- Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli hits record sixth Test double century, second in a row Virat Kohli became the only captain to score six double hundreds, overtaking West Indian great Brian Lara.
- PV Sindhu
- became the No.2 ranked woman badminton player in the world on the back of some fine performances in the recent past